Frequently Asked Questions
How many prints can I get from a 75 ml cartridge?
25-40 prints per cartridge
What is the setting time?
- min. 4 minutes @ 68°F / 20°C
- min. 8 minutes @ 50°F / 10°C
The working time depends on the ambient temperature. The lower the temperature, the slower the material sets, and the higher the temperature, the faster the setting time.
The following general rule applies:
- A temperature increase of 18°F / 10°C halves the working and setting time
- A temperature decrease of 18°F / 10°C doubles the working and setting time
How long will the product last?
Shelf–life is 2 years from date of manufacture. Expiration and batch numbers are printed on the cartridge labels.
How should I store my product?
Store at 59-73°F / 15-23°C away from heat and sunlight. Impressions should be stored at room temperature.
Will my prints smudge?
Prints are permanent on the lift. They cannot be smeared or smudged.
Will the dimensions of my castings change?
The dimensions will not change. Castings will not shrink.
Is the material flexible?
Flexible and accurate; and will not tear.
Can I use AccuTrans on rough surfaces?
Yes, AccuTrans is ideal for rough surfaces: Styrofoam, Bricks, Leather, textured Computer Housings, Human Skin, etc.
What are the different colors used for?
- White – Reverse prints
- Brown – Toolmarks and Casings
- Black – Firearms, Toolmarks
- Transparent – Direct fingerprint lifts, Self Pooling